MOBILIZE FOR ARTS COMMISSION HEARING
MONDAY DECEMBER 12, 2:30 PM
San Francisco City Hall; ROOM 416
Agenda can be found at: http://www.sfgov3.org/index.aspx?page=3164
Possible Agenda items to speak at:
5. Public Comment
The whole meeting will be devoted to the Controllers Report.
PLEASE COME OUT AND SHOW YOUR SUPPORT FOR THE CULTURAL EQUITY GRANTS PROGRAM.
Here’s what you can do:
- Come to the meeting: It’s important for the Commissioners to see the program’s constituency.
- Testify at the Dec 12 meeting.
- Send emails to P.J. Johnston (President of the Arts Commission) and voice your support of Cultural Equity Grants and their staff. firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spread this email around
During public testimony you might talk about any of the following:
- EXPRESS your support of the Cultural Equity Grants program staff who have made an positive impact on the community.
- DEMAND to hear the CEG staff analysis of the controllers report.
- DEMAND to know about what the plan is for the 4 programs (ACIP, NAACT, AVN, and ISA), that will be ‘moved’ from CEG
- DEMAND that responsibility to taken by all, Staff and Commissioners, for issues found by Controller Report.
- TELL the story of how Cultural Equity Grants have impacted your work, your organization, your community and your constituents.
- VOICE your opinion about how recent events have negatively impacted your organization.
- DEMAND a written statement from SFAC and Commissioners in support of the work grantees and staff Cultural Equity Grants programs who have made a positive impact in the community.